It’s my intention to religiously post about five things every Friday. (Hence the name, DUH.) Originally I was thinking five things that made me smile or happy throughout the week, but then realized that “hell, maybe I won’t always have five things to list?” So I decided to keep it simple and easy and basically list whatever comes to mind. IT’S MY BLOG AND I CAN DO WHAT I WANT TO, DO WHAT I WANT TO. (Did you read that in the tune of “it’s my party and I’ll cry if I want to?” because that’s what I was shooting for.) In any case, here we go.
Five books I’m reading this month!
- One Day in December by Josie Silver – I’m sure by now you ladies have heard of this book and let me tell you, it did not disappoint. Technically I finished reading this right before Christmas, but felt it should still be included on the list. I won’t give full details because I plan to do a book review at the end of the month, but just know that you can trust Reese Witherspoon. If it’s in her book club, then you’re good.
- All Your Perfects by Colleen Hoover – I just started this book on Monday and I’m already half way through. I stayed up way past my bedtime one night because I just couldn’t put it down! I love the transition between “then” and “now” and the author does it seemingly.
- The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey – If you are not listening to this guy’s podcast, do yourself a favor and subscribe now. He hosts a radio talk show every morning in Nashville, which translates to new podcast episodes EVERY DAY. He gives out financial advice like nobody’s business. Because I want to really take care of my finances this year, I decided to buy his book and run with it.
- Me Before You by Jojo Moyes – I know, I know. I’m so late to the game on this one. I’m familiar with the story, but have never picked it up or even seen the movie. I’ve heard wonderful reviews, so I’m sure I won’t be disappointed.
- Before We Were Strangers by Renee Carlino – This was a random find for me. A fellow blogger was talking about some of her fav books, and this was one of them. It was less than ten bucks on amazon, so the “buy now” option was calling my name.
Have I mentioned that this year I want to spend less time watching tv and be more productive with my time? This includes reading. And although it can be daunting, I’m ready for the task. Because once I’m hooked on a book, I can’t put it down.
Happy Friday! Hope everyone has a great weekend.