Happy Hump Day y’all! Hope everyone’s week is going well and smoothly. There is still so much stress and anxiety in the world right now, that it’s hard to focus on anything else. For me, watching the news is not healthy at this point so I decided to take a step back from that. And let’s face it, whenever there’s an update or breaking news it’s all over Twitter and Instagram anyway. With that being said, I hope everyone remains safe and continues to brave the storm.
Today I’m sharing a quick and easy slow-cooker recipe; french onion chicken with potatoes and greenbeans. Not only is this super easy but also super yummy. Throw this together in the afternoon and 4 hours later you have dinner made!
Here’s what you need:
- 2 lbs of chicken breast or thighs (I’ve used both and either works! With the grocery stores all outta whack, I was only able to find thighs this time)
- Gold potatoes – cut in quarters (I ended up only using 2)
- Fresh Cut Greenbeans – I’m sure you could use canned, but I just happen to like the taste of fresh ones better
- French Onion Dip seasoning mix packet
- Place the chicken on the bottom of crockpot
- Cut potatoes (in quarters) and toss them in there
- Throw the greenbeans right on top
- Sprinkle the seasoning all over
Note – YOU DO NOT NEED ANY LIQUID! Between the water from the potatoes and juices from the chicken, you’ll be fine. I had no issues with the chicken getting dry. It was actually perfect.
4 hours later, you’re done! This dish is extremely delicious and great for a busy weeknight.
This has become a regular in my kitchen. I’ve actually used ranch seasoning as well and that was scrumptious too.