Hello Monday! I don’t know about everyone else but my days are morphing into each other. As this quarantine life continues, it’s hard not to eat everything in fridge. I also probably haven’t ate a vegetable in 3 weeks, lol. So now that this has become our new normal (for now), I’m going to make a conscious effort for better food choices.
Today I’m bringing to you a super simple cold pasta salad recipe that can basically be made however you want and with whatever you got in the fridge.
Here’s what I used:
- Whole Wheat Penne
- Yellow Bell Pepper
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Roasted Red Peppers
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Light Italian Dressing
- Cook pasta according to package
- Chop veggies while the pasta is cooking
- When ready, drain pasta and let it cool completely
- Once the pasta is cooled off, combine everything (including the cheese, which I also cut into pieces)
- Add the dressing to the pasta mixture – I didn’t measure a thing, I just eye-balled
Now doesn’t that look scrumptious?! I like to have this on hand for an easy snack or lunch. And like I said, what’s great about this is that you can throw anything in there and my guess it will taste just as good. You could also add in a protein (like chicken) if you wanted too.
Have a great week!